There are a few steps involved in applying for citizenship.
- First, you need to file for Naturalization with Form N-400, pay the filing fee and the biometric (fingerprint) fe
- After you apply, you'll receive a notice that your application was received
- Then you'll receive notice of your appointment to have your fingerprints and photo taken
- After that, you'll be scheduled for your citizenship interview
- If you pass the interview, English and civics tests, next you'll take the Oath of Citizenship
The average processing time is about 5 months. To learn more about applying for citizenship, you should speak with an attorney.