There are several reasons why a K-1, or Fiance Visa might be denied:
- Lack of Eligibility - you weren't eligible for a K-1 Visa in the first place because:
- the marriage wouldn't be legal, due to age or the fact that one half of the couple hasn't finalized their divorce for a previous relationship
- You haven't met in person within two years of filing the petition
- Petitioner has been convicted of a "specified offense against a minor"
- You made a misrepresentation on the K-1 petition
There are waivers available in certain circumstances, so you should contact an immigration lawyer if your K-1 Visa was denied, or if you think that your case might be deniable.